Admission procedure for Grade 8’S 2020:
Online applications for Grade 8 2020 learner admission will open on Monday, 20 May 2019 and close 30 School days later on Monday, 22 July 2019. (This notification about the postponement was sent out by the GDE on Friday Evening, 10 May 2019. For the official GDE notification of postponement, please find under 'Downloads' section, bottom of Home page) Please visit www.gdeadmissions.gov.za for more information. The application process will be as follows:
- From 8:00am on the morning that applications open, go to the GDE Admissions website (www.gdeadmissions.gov.za) and register AND apply at the closest school to where you live and based on sibling, previous school, work and other. (You can apply at a maximum of 5 different schools – your first 2 applications MUST be based on your HOME address).
- You will receive an application reference number from the GDE online system. “Print screen” the confirmation of your successful application, including the reference number.
- Collect an Application Information Form from our reception (these will only be available from 8:00am on Monday 20 May 2019)
- Submit all supporting documents to ALL schools you have applied at, within 7 SCHOOL days of applying.
- All learners who LIVE in the Feeder Zone of the School
- All learners who have Siblings currently at the School OR who currently attend one of the School’s Feeder Schools
- All learners whose parents/legal guardians (as recognised by SA law) WORK in the Feeder Zone of the School
- Everybody else
School Fees for 2020
At the AGM held on Saturday 5 October 2019 a decision was taken by the majority of parents present to increase school fees for 2020 to R10.500 per learner. A discount of R525.00 is applicable for full payment of fees by 31 March 2020. Kindly pay a deposit of R2000 towards 2020 school fees as soon as possible.
Exemptions and partial exemptions will be made available for persons to qualifying learners. This should be applied for, from 14 November 2019 and the closing date is 21 February 2020 from 08:00 to 13:00 daily at the finance office. Please be informed that you MUST apply in person. Exemption forms WILL NOT be given to any learner. Kindly take note that NO EXTENSION for late application will be granted.
Textbook handling fee
A textbook handling fee of R500 is due by 4 December 2019 for all Grade 12 learners of 2020 and 17 January 2020 for Grade 9, 10 and 11. This will expedite textbook distribution. Please note that there is no exemption on the textbook handling fee.
School Bus levy
At the AGM held on Saturday 5 October 2019 the following resolution was taken by parents present: All learners registered for the 2020 Academic year is required to pay a compulsory once off levy of R100.00 to be utilized as a deposit for the purchase of a school bus. Kindly pay the R100 by 4 December 2019 latest.